Attracting and developing the best talent is always an important area of focus for CITISEEK, as we believe that our people are not only our greatest asset but also our biggest competitive advantage.
In fact, at CITISEEK you are not a number, employee or resource – but a CITISEEK mind who will make a difference to our clients, community and company!
Every employee is special and so when you work at CITISEEK, here’s what you can look forward to:
APPLY NOW! DETAILS
The Operations Manager will be responsible for data entry, accounts payable, payroll, grant report entry, managing the organizations HR, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the ED and Program Direct, and other misc. tasks.
Reporting to the ED and serving as a member of the Management Team along with the ED, Program Director and Development Director, this position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the organization's financial functions.
Working with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices. This position will also interact with the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities by Function
APPLY NOW! DETAILS
This position is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning and accounting for income taxes. The successful candidate will work with businesses, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out his or her responsibilities. He or she will work with financial management within the Company and third party service providers.
APPLY NOW! DETAILS
Provide leadership and direction in three primary areas across the global IT organization related to the Human Resources Core Process area:
1) Client and Business Engagement
2) Core Process & Service Definition, Design and Execution
3) Process / Application strategy Ownership and Global Alignment
The Global IT Process Owner – HRIT leads and manages a global portfolio of Systems, Process and People in 3 main areas:
• Provide leadership, through strategic direction and active engagement to align the Global IT functions and priorities with the Human Resource functional business imperatives.
• Manage the development of global strategies, standards and tactical plans. Provide guidance to global subordinate leaders and staff to ensure successful completion of departmental objectives.
• Foster a Client Service culture through active engagement, leadership and the creation of a strong sense of Accountability within the Human Resources Information Technology (HRIT) team and Global IT as a whole
• Provide leadership and define strategic direction for the Global IT (direct and indirect) HRIT team.
• Direct the planning and utilization of business analyst resources related to HRIT processes, systems and key priorities.
• Manage issues associated with strategy and project interdependence, resource allocation, financial issues and change management across the HR systems portfolio.
• Partner with key business stakeholders to develop requirements, justifications and secure approvals for investment decisions (CARs), personnel and other resources required to business needs.
• Partner with other IT leadership to forecast, secure and allocate personnel to approved and budgeted projects utilizing methods which strike the best balance between the priorities of the business and Global IT, project requirements and staff development.
• Develop, plan, manage, and forecast associated cost center(s), unit costs, employee complement, capital expenditures, and charge back rates. Lead the development of cost center budget and operational plan and manage expenses to plan.
• Ensure that CITISEEK's systems and the information on them are protected in accordance with CITISEEK's Information Protection Policies and Standards, as well as best Information Protection practices.
• Establish, interpret, execute and recommend modifications to policies. Partner to develop group, company/corporate-wide policies. Ensure governance, compliance, and regulatory processes are followed.
• Contribute to and cultivate a culture which promotes the development of business process design, and shared best practice execution.
• Stay current on; CITISEEK HR business plans and strategies, new IT trends, products & services, and broader HR industry technology trends.
• Gather, review, assess and partner to drive new ideas, initiatives and projects through innovation, demand and global portfolio processes.
• Provide leadership, management, and development of the department employees including performance management, individual development planning, succession planning, employee communications, and positive working environment to ensure high productivity, employee engagement, and performance.
• Foster a positive, engaging and challenging team-focused ‘global’ work environment to ensure high productivity, employee engagement, and optimal performance.
• Ensure that Global IT projects are completed according to our commitments, following global processes and in a team-oriented way.
• Foster global team, driving partnership and collaboration across Global IT.
• Build and maintain active, collaborative relationships with all levels of Leadership across Global IT and key HR stakeholders across CITISEEK. Ensure high level of partnering on strategic initiatives and business priorities
• Proactively engage with HR partners to identify and define opportunities where the application of information technology can advance the strategic goals and objectives of CITISEEK.
• Represent Global IT on CITISEEK HR Governance Councils.
• Act as role model by “living” and demonstrating the CITISEEK Core competencies and values.
• Provide overall leadership, vision and direction for Global HRIT Systems & Processes.
• Drive partnerships and strengthen relationships for the HRlT core process area
• Provide coaching and mentoring to direct team and expanded ‘dotted-line’ global team
• Collaborate with other IT stakeholders (IT Business Strategy Leaders, GTC members, other IT Leadership /Process Teams to expedite and improve decision-making.)
• Evaluate, negotiate, develop, and manage preferred vendor relationships in collaboration with strategic sourcing to provide CITISEEK with the highest value, lowest overall cost with highest quality service globally. Monitor vendor delivery performance and ensure delivery of quality of services to meet CITISEEK needs.
• Work with business councils to gain alignment on common global priorities and Ensure team delivers on project and roadmap commitments
Expected Leadership Behaviours:
• Assume positive intent in others
• Build trusted and sustainable relationships
• Model and encourage a strong Sense of Urgency
• Engagement & Collaboration
• Employee Development
• Inspire Commitment
• Bachelor’s degree
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• 10+ years’ experience comprised of Information Technology and/or Human Resources
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• 4+ years of experience leading/managing direct and/or indirect resources in a global organization
• Experience managing stakeholders and resources who are globally dispersed
• 5+ years in IT Process Management
• Demonstrated ability to work across many levels of an organization, from VP to non-exempt staff
• Experience with Workday
• Master’s degree
• Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
• Business focused leadership with ability to turn business process requirements into IT deliverables
• Strong communication skills, including with employees, clients, senior management and vendors
• Strong results orientation, demonstrated by driving to deadlines, financial targets, project goals, etc.
• Global experience and inclusion
• Ability to work collaboratively and partner with employees, leaders, clients, and vendors.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual organization and still meet objectives
• Proven knowledge and discipline around departmental budget planning and execution.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Strong decision making skills.
• Excellent presentation skills including the ability to translate technical information into business terms.
• Technology depth and credibility to technical staff.
• Large systems implementation experience
• Demonstrated experience leading applications/process improvement
• Methodology training and organizational process implementation successes
• Experience managing a global team or program
• ITIL training/ certifications
• Lean Sigma or Six-Sigma training/experience
• Outsourcing experience
• Experience in business modeling and process engineering
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
• The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
It is the policy of CITISEEK to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, CITISEEK will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Reports To: Managing Director
Responsible for planning, development and implementation of all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing, communications and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing, communications and public relations staff and coordinates at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the Organization.
Marketing, communications and public relations
1. Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of:
2. Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
3. Responsible for editorial direction, design, production and distribution of all Organization publications.
4. Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
5. Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
6. Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
7. Develop, coordinate and oversee programs, technical assistance and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications and positioning of their activities.
8. Provide counsel to chapters on marketing, communications and public relations.
9. Ensure that the Organization regularly conducts relevant market research and coordinate and oversee this activity. Monitor trends.
10. Leads projects as assigned, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
Planning and budgeting
1. Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations mission, goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the Executive Director and Board.
2. Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for the marketing/communications/public relations program and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
3. Recommend short- and long-term Organization goals and objectives to the Executive Director.
4. Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing/communications/public relations function.
5. Keep informed of developments in the fields of marketing, communications and public relations, not-for-profit management and governance, [and the specific business of the Organization and use this information to help the Organization operate with initiative and innovation.
1. Work with senior staff, other staff and volunteers to:
2. Help make sure that the Organization’s philosophy, mission and vision are pertinent and practiced throughout the organization.
3. Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from the Organization’s key constituencies regarding the quality of programs and services and the Organization’s relevance.
4. Help formulate and administer policies to ensure the integrity of the Organization.
5. Act as an internal consultant to bring attention and solutions to institutional priorities.
1. Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
2. Recruit, train, appraise, supervise, support, develop, promote and guide qualified personnel, both paid and volunteer.
3. Ensure effective management within the marketing, communications and public relations function, with provision for succession.
4. Design, support and oversee cross-functional teams throughout the Organization.
5. Effectively enable volunteers and staff so they can take action on behalf of the
a) transmitting the Organization’s values, vision and direction;
b) engaging people in the meaning of the Organization;
c) respecting and using the skills, expertise, experience and insights of people;
d) providing direction and resources, removing barriers and helping develop people’s skills; articulating expectations and clarifying roles and relationships;
e) communicating which includes helping people transform information into knowledge and learning;
f) encouraging people to question organizational assumptions and ask strategic questions; ensuring quality decision-making;
g) anticipating conflicts and facilitating resolution;
h) engaging people in process as well as tasks; encouraging people use their power,
i) practice their authority, and accept their responsibility;
j) modeling behavior; and
k) coaching people to success.
Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications and public relations activities.
Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel.
Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
Experience overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
Computer literacy in word processing, data base management and page layout.
Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
Strong oral and written communications skills.
Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
Out-of-town, overnight travel is required.
Minimum of 5 years experience in marketing, communications or public relations with demonstrated success, preferably in the not-for-profit or association sector.
Bachelors degree in journalism, marketing, public relations preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
Experience working with volunteers is desirable.
Membership in IABC (International Association of Business Communicators) and IABC accreditation are desirable.